Saturday, March 14, 2009

Save the Olive Ridleys from extinction

It's March, and construction at the Tata's port in Orissa continues day and night. Meanwhile, there seems no sign of mass nesting of endangered Olive Ridley turtles in the area. There wasn't any mass nesting last year either. Could this be more than a mere coincidence?I think the port should stop for the sake of these turtles. And since all the public pressure hasn't made Mr. Ratan Tata sit up and notice, I decided to speak to him directly.And that's just what I did right now, by calling and letting the Tatas know I'm backing Greenpeace in the fight to save the Ridleys. But I don't think one call is enough

Why don't you show your solidarity by clicking here and and calling Mr. Tata too?

It's just another phone call for you, but it could be the one that changes Mr. Tata's mind.

I have been a proud customer of TATA - from my phone to internet to the salt I use !!! This Dhamra Port project is making me rethink my decision to respect and use this brand. Has Mr. Ratan Tata forgotten that "with great power, there must come great responsibility" ? Will he take the blame for pushing an already endangered species to extinction?

No comments: